The NSW government has been releasing multiple programs to support businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic. In recent weeks the Small business fees and charges rebate was released.
The small business fees and charges rebate provides support to businesses (including non-employing sole traders and not-for-profit organisations) to assist with the recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic. A rebate of up to $1,500 is available (note it appears there is an increased rebate cap of $2,000 now promised; further details to follow) that can be used to offset costs of eligible NSW and local government fees and charges.
A list of eligible fees and charges can be found here. These include, but are not limited to:
- Tradesperson licences
- Event fees
- Outdoor seating fees
- Council rates.
To be eligible for the small business fees and charges rebate you must:
- Have total Australian wages below the NSW Government 2020-2021 payroll tax threshold of $1.2 million
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in NSW and/or have business premises physically located and operating in NSW.
Please note, only one rebate is available for each ABN.
The rebate is not required to be used in one go, multiple claims can be made up to the $1,500 (soon to be $2,000) cap. Supporting documentation must be provided when applying to use the rebate:
- You will need to supply supporting documentation when applying for the rebate and each time you make a claim. For each claim you make, you will need to provide invoices and receipts showing payment of eligible fees or charges. Note: Each claim must be made separately, and you can only upload one receipt per claim.
The rebate can be applied to eligible fees and charges until 30 June 2022, if the full rebate is not used at this time the balance will lapse.
Applications are completed through the Service NSW website, to do this please ensure you have done the following:
- Ensure your personal, contact and business details are up-to-date in your MyServiceNSW Account and your business profile
- If you don’t have one, create a MyServiceNSW Account and business profile.
Further information and to apply online please click here.
Please feel free to your ESV engagement partner should you have any questions or need any assistance with applying for the above mentioned rebate.